Many opponents of the organic movement are stuck in a past filled with misinformation and unhealthy habits. Despite what these individuals have been led to believe, there are some well-documented reasons as to why organic products provide for a healthier lifestyle. Perhaps just as significant, it is also important to realize that buying organic does not have to mean spending more money. Instead, those who know what to look for in organic products can find that they are actually quite competitively priced with non-organic equivalents.
Beyond just eating organic though, research has shown that everything we use in our daily life can affect our overall health and well-being. To ensure that individuals get the support they need, this means finding the organic food, skin care products, hair care products, etc. When you can live an organic lifestyle, you will start manifesting a more vibrant daily energy.
Why Eat Organic?
Some advantages of organic food include:
- Nutritional Content – Organic foods have been shown to be more nutrient rich than non-organic foods. This includes vegetables and organically raised animals, both of which offer more complete meal options.
- No antibiotics – The overuse of antibiotics can lead to dangerous infections. When used like they are in non-organic livestock, they run this same risk, making it more dangerous to eat non-organic meat.
- No extra hormones – The human body is a delicately balanced machine and the last thing you want to do is introduce unintended hormones in to mess up this balance.
- No GMOs – Similar to the problem with hormones. If vegetables were meant to be that large, they would grow that way normally.
- No pesticides – Pesticides are poisonous. Studies actually show that many times the non-organic vegetables you buy could still have traces of these poisons on them.
Beyond just eating though, what else can you find that is organic?
What Else Should be Organic?
One of the first things to look for organic products in is skin care. Your skin is not something that you can simply replace and depending on your lifestyle it can be exposed to a lot of harmful environmental factors, namely the sun. By using non-organic products, you are subjecting your skin to all variety of harsh chemicals, which may have a temporary positive effect, but over time will do more harm than good. More importantly, as much as 70% of what you put on your skin is absorbed into your body. Do you really want some of those chemicals getting into your blood?
Another great replacement product is your hair care products. If you want to maintain young and vibrant hair, it is important that you use organic products. Coconut oil is one of the most popular ways to accomplish this, but make sure to look for some that is actually organic.
Maintaining Healthy Habits
Whether you are looking to lose weight or simply hoping to maintain a healthy lifestyle, using organic products is a powerful place to start. These products will ensure that your body remains the way nature intended it to be, without introducing potentially harmful radicals into your system. This will help stabilize your other diet and fitness efforts, and ensure that you enjoy a happier, healthier, lifestyle.