Are you a Pasta kind of person? If you are (like me), you will absolutely enjoy this pasta recipe I’m about to give to you! I’m one of those people that loves pasta but I don’t eat it much since I’m often watching my calorie intake. But when I do… I make sure it is a good pasta recipe! Plus, a healthy one of course! So follow this recipe for whenever you decide to make a good pasta plate, and you won’t end up with a guilty conscience after eating it.
Lemon Broccoli Pasta Skillet
Sounds delicious, right?
Plus, the best thing is that it will only take you 20 minutes! Even better!
- 3 quarts’ water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 and ½ to 2 pounds’ fresh broccoli or asparagus in case there’s no broccoli!
- 1-pound rotini pasta or spaghetti
- 3-4 cups spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced or red wine vinegar in case you don’t have lemons!
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- ¼ or ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon wedges, to garnish.
- In a large skillet, or pot, bring the salt and water to a boil
- While you wait, prep your broccoli (or asparagus in case there’s no broccoli) by trimming the stems and cutting the florets into similar sized pieces (bit-size preferably)
- Add the rotini/spaghetti and boil on high for 4 minutes. Add the broccoli, cover, and set a timer for 3 minutes (Leave the burner on high enough to keep a rolling boil)
- When the timer goes off, turn off the heat and drain the pasta using lid or colander. Return to the pan and stir in the spinach.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest.
- In a small separate skillet, melt the 4 tbsps. of butter over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and add2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Add the lemon butter to the pasta and stir
- Stir in 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese. Add a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with more cheese, and fresh lemon wedges if you’d like!
Let us know how it went for you in the comments! I’m sure you and your family will enjoy it!