I couldn’t have been happier the day that I found this recipe. During my college days, my roommate used to take me to her house and there would always be fruit tart for dessert. It was heaven for me! I could probably have up to 15 small pieces of it. I actually asked her mom to make a fruit tart for me as a gift the day of my birthday. I was amaaaaaaaziiing!
After I graduated college, I had not had the opportunity of trying a fruit tart again. I simply forgot about them and I also haven’t seen my ex-college roommate in forever so fruit tarts haven’t joined me to make my life a little better.
So let’s cut the chat, and let’s get to this recipe that I know you will enjoy! It has no added refined sugar, flour or butter! Can it get better than that?
Healthy Fruit Tart Ingredients:
- 15 Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 and ½ cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt
- Assorted sliced fresh fruit
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch tart or cake pan with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper on top. Set Aside.
- Make sure the dates are soft by soaking them in warm water for 10 minutes at least. Make sure you drain them and chop in half before using.
- Pulse the dates and cashews together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts, Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides
- Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy this delicious dessert!
- Tip: The crust can be made 1-2 days ahead. Cover it and leave in the refrigerator until ready to use. Store left overs in the fridge.