I LOVE chocolate. I would eat plastic covered in chocolate- that is how much I love chocolate. I don’t understand people that dislike it, but I appreciate them being on the same planet as myself, because I get to eat their chocolates.
Most evenings, I like to savor a nice fluffy truffle. This particular evening, I was decided to find a healthy and delicious truffle recipe and try it out at home.
I had been reading about Hemp and its health benefits. Then, I stumbled upon the hemp seed truffle recipe and after making a batch, I didn’t stop. I have been making these for months now. They are rich and nutty and easy to do- did I mention: healthy?
Savory Chocolate Hemp Seed Truffle:
Trust me on this one: These truffles will make you feel like you’re actually doing your body good. A gluten free snack packed with amino acids and fatty acids that accelerate your metabolism.
The benefits of hemp seeds are tremendously beneficial and provide the best kind of protein. You won’t believe you’re actually eating a healthy snack!
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 2/3 cup of peanut butter
- 3/4 cup crushed toasted hemp seeds
- 6-8 ounces of milk chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of butter/shortening
- Optional: sprinkles, crushed cookies, etc. as decorative toppings
- Combine the all ingredients except chocolate in a medium-sized bowl.
- Chill for 15-30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and shortening until smooth.
- Roll peanut butter filling into small balls and dip each ball into chocolate
- Top with sprinkles or other decorations if desired.