There is definitely a certain appeal that comes with body building. Few other endeavors provide such a visual representation of the progress you can make and the efforts that you took to ensure that you are at peak health. Just like anything else worth achieving though, getting into the shape you desire takes a lot of time and a lot of energy. Before you get started, it is important that you know exactly what is involved in body building.
Whether you simply hope to look your absolute best or you are looking to compete, it is important that you do not neglect to plan out your approach. If you do, you could be discouraged due to lack of progress, or worse you could injure yourself due to overworking. Once you have the right tools, sculpting your body can be extremely rewarding.
Like any other fitness program, there are really two important areas to focus on when you are looking at body building. The key to success is to first have a solid workout plan in place, one that will push you to do more than you thought possible and stretch the limits of your fitness. Next, you need a proper diet plan in place, which will ensure that your body has all of the fuel it needs to make it through these rigorous workouts and stand up against the challenges.
Heavy Weights – Low Reps
There are three essential things to remember when you are planning your workout routine:
- Proper Sets: Each exercise should have 3-5 sets with no more than 10 reps. If you are able to exceed 10 reps in an exercise, you need heavier weights.
- Proper Rest: No muscle should be worked on every day. Plan your workouts to work corresponding muscle groups from one day to the next. For example, you might work legs, back, and chest one day and then triceps, shoulders, and biceps the next day. Also, take time to stretch and cool down when exercising.
- Proper Tracking: Always track your progress. This helps psychologically as much as anything else, but it will make a huge difference. Take measurements before your workout once per week. More importantly, always write down your reps and weights.
If you are following this formula, then all that remains is actually learning the right exercises to get you where you want to be.
Getting the Proper Nutrition
Of course, proper exercise is useless if you are not getting the right nutrition. Failing to fuel your body properly will have one of two negative consequences. You will either putter out and fail to achieve your results, or you will injure yourself trying. Sticking to the rules of three, here are three easy nutrition things to remember:
- Supplements: The two absolute musts on a body building diet are multivitamins and pre-workout supplements. If you use them properly, you will greatly speed up progress.
- Six Meals: Eating six smaller meals is one of the keys to success. Make sure to follow basic health rules, such as getting plenty of vegetables in your diet.
- Protein: Don’t overwork your body with too much protein. You should be getting about 1 gram per pound of your body weight and no more. This will help build muscles efficiently.
When you devote to the right lifestyle, you will find that sculpting your body is easier than you ever though before. In this way, you can really start moving on your workout and get that body you have desired.